Thursday, October 9, 2008

From Flickr fear to Flickr fabulous!

I have to admit that I waited so long to try Flickr, because I have been afraid that I might not be able to figure it out. I'm pretty tech savvy, but my past experiences have shaped my distorted opinion of online photo sites. It all started in my web publishing class when we had to scan a black and white photo and then manipulate it to display on our webpage. That chore took me hours. I also have had trouble getting my camera to properly upload to my computer at home. All the bad history with photos left me feeling leery about trying something new.

However, I know Flickr has worked for many others, so it couldn't be too bad, right? I was ready to give it a try. The wedding I attended last weekend gave me the motivation I needed. Only a few from our staff could attend, and many wanted to see the pictures. So, here goes....



Success!!!

4 comments:

Gerald Schwab said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. The bride and groom look so happy!

irishrover said...

Thanks for posting Becky and my wedding photos.The day was a blurr and I am glad you were there to share with everyone the happiest day of our lives! As soon as we get them downloaded , we will share our Fairytale honeymoon at Ravenswood Castle and our visit to the Ohio Renisance Faire.WE felt as if we had entered a movie! Princess Bride?

DeborahD said...

Thanks very much for sharing the photos. After having worked with John for so many years here at Whitehall we are very glad to see that he has found his fairy princess!

Jim Brochowski said...

Very nice - and what a cool way to put flickr to use for the first time.

This may sound strange, but to me it shows a certain bravery / willingness to step outside of the box and put yourself at risk.

Very Cool!