Saturday, October 18, 2008

Twitter me this, Twitter me that

Twitter!!!!
I must confess, I am hooked.

I remember having a conversation with several people earlier this year. We were discussing what we could do to be able to share information about what we were learning and doing and to find information about what others were learning and doing. Hello Twitter!

Twitter can take up a lot of your time. I finally gave myself permission to only read current tweets instead of going all the way back anytime I was away from the computer for a few days. (I can't believe I was doing that, very type A.) I've heard people talking about different ways to get Twitter updates. I use a Be Twittered gadget on my igoogle page. The feeds update every few seconds and scroll down the left side of my screen. That is what works for me.

This is what I see as the value of Twitter:
Information sharing
Information updates
Connecting with others in your profession
Connecting with others that share your interests
Connecting with others that have an expertise you need
Sharing with others who need the expertise you have
Building relationships with other Tweeps or Tweeple (Is that what you call them?)
Joining a conversation when you can't be there in person
Pushing others towards your blog content

I'm sure there are many others, but those are the ones that stand out to me.

I just see the reach and use of Twitter growing all the time. I hope to refine my Twitter skills to find new ways to reap the benefits.

Tweet on!

No comments: