Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thing #18-Getting LinkedIn

I had recently received several invitations to join LinkedIn from colleagues. Since it was listed as one of the nominees for the Web 2.0 Awards, I decided it was time to check it out.

I created an account. Yes, another account.

The good: I was able to connect on this social networking tool with some co-workers who are not on Facebook or Twitter with me.

The bad: This is just one more thing to login to, and it doesn't have a gadget for my igoogle page.

The ugly: There is too much other "stuff" to do with LinkedIn. I guess that is the point of creating something for social networking...giving a lot of options for ways to connect. The thing about all these tools is that you have to put the time and work into setting them up to reap the benefits in the long run. It depends how much energy you are willing to expend.

My advice: Pick a few social networking tools that work best for you and stick with those.

No comments: