Monday, December 1, 2008

Thing #22-MOLDI...the digital download

Digital downloads. I think I would be much more interested in these if I had a fancy portable electronic device. I have a very basic cell phone. I have a very basic PDA (contacts and calendar.) It's not that I'm not interested in having a fancy device, but I just can't afford to spend my money on toys for me right now. Someday I will catch up with the rest of the techno world. Right now, I just know about what I could be doing. Sad, I know.

I am glad that I had a chance to explore MOLDI. I think it is good to be familiar with the service, since we offer it to our customers. I was surprised to find the volume and variety of titles available.

Getting the account was really easy. It only required my library card number. Finding titles was really easy. I selected a collection of Piano Christmas classics. I added it to my cart and checked it out. So far, so good. I downloaded the file. Then, I hit the roadblock. My computer said that it couldn't read the file. It required an additional software download. The computer that I am using at home is barely hanging on and runs so slow. I didn't want to clog it up with any more downloads. If I can ever get my husband off his laptop, I will jump on and try it there, but I doubt he will let me download Piano Christmas classics. Back to browsing to find something "hip" enough for a laptop download.

No comments: